Friday, October 7, 2011

A Guy Talking about His Emotions?

Second blog post this week. Maybe Miss Charlsie's idea behind having us compose all these posts is so that our writing will actually improve (fancy that...).
Anyway. As much as I would like to ramble on talking about nothing in particular in no real order or format without meaning or reason behind the words I type or any rather significant explanation as to why I'm wasting my readers' times doing it sort of like right now, I actually do have something (relatively) worthwhile to talk about. *Insert drum roll*: me!
That's right people. I have received permission from the high command that I can write about how I feel. Specifically about this research paper, but also about the class, the weather, my likes, dislikes, passions, idiosyncrasies, etc. (How many words is this thing supposed to be again? Looks like I'm going to need more space.)
Actually, I'm kidding. (Lucky you.) But not completely. I do get to talk about my feelings about this research paper, or, more specifically, any "anxieties, frustrations, excitements" I may have.
Cool. So now that I've successfully used up significantly more than half of all the words necessary for this blog beating around the bush, let's get started.
So how do I feel?
Honestly, I feel slightly stressed. Not very stressed, but slightly. I don't think that's a peculiarity. Like I said in the last post, research papers can be imposing.
On the other hand, I feel slightly excited. Well, modestly excited. Moderately, modestly excited. Whatever. Joking aside, I am actually quite interested in the topic at hand (see last post) and am looking forward to researching it.
I enjoy discussions of church history and why things in the church are the way they are. I will say I have pretty strong opinions on some topics, but I will attempt (as any good writer should) to look at my research from a viewpoint that is as unbiased as possible. In case you haven't read my last post, my topic is on the polarization of Christianity from what is called Judaism in the first centuries following the life of Jesus Christ. The precedents set in those turbulent days in history have affected (and continue to affect) countless thousands of people worldwide. It at least deserves some amount of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment